The Bank of England will publish its financial stability report, which comes out twice a year. Company results include Dixons Carphone, DS Smith and Tullow Oil.
Fund Strategy looks at some key events shaping the week and what to expect.
Tuesday 27 June
- Financial Stability Report – Bank of England
- US consumer confidence index – Conference Board
- Photo-Me International (Q4 results)
The Share Centre investment research analyst Graham Spooner says: “A recent trading update stated that results will be in line with expectations. So investors will be concentrating on the group’s outlook, expansion into new geographic markets and products and any further update on ID cards in Japan as well as the UK situation regarding use of photos from mobile phones.”
Wednesday 28 June
- Dixons Carphone (Q4 results)
Spooner says: “Retailers in the UK have begun to report poor trading updates and express caution about their prospects going forward. This may be the case with Dixons as the UK consumer feels the squeeze on real incomes from rising inflation through higher import costs and modest wage rises.
“Nonetheless, consumers were in buoyant moods during much of 2016 and the early part of 2017 and the trading update in May suggested that full year profits should be in the range of £485m-£490m. Online sales and the Sprint venture in the US should continue to please investors and the market expects a modest rise in the dividend.”
- Tullow Oil (Q2 trading update)
Thursday 29 June
- DS Smith (Q4 results)
Friday 30 June
- UK economic accounts: January to March 2017 – Office for National Statistics
- UK index of services, April – ONS
- Flash Estimate Euro area inflation, June – Eurostat